Have you heard about the Modern Mini Challenge?
Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts has put together a blog hop and mini quilt contest as a way to inspire you to try something new!
The event will run for 5 weeks and will end with some ah-mazing prizes.
2/6/12 – 2/19/12 :: Weeks 1 & 2 will kick off with the blog hop where you can gain some inspiration! Come back and visit me here on the 16th!
2/8: Lily’s Quilts
2/9: Patchwork Notes
2/12: Freshly Pieced
2/19: Swim Bike Quilt
2/20/12 – 3/4/12 :: In weeks 2 & 3 it’s time for you to start sewing your challenge entry! Step out of your comfort zone without having to commit to a full size quilt!
3/5/12 – 3/9/12 :: Week 5, head on over to Ellison Lane and link up your mini quilt for a chance to win. Everyone loves prizes, so let’s take a little peak at what’s up for grabs!
Kimberly from The Fat Quarter Shop has generously donated the prizes for this contest and she has gone all out!
You have 5 chances to win:
- James’ choice (Jennifer’s husband chooses his favorite)
- Viewer’s choice Mug Rugs
- Viewer’s choice Mini Quilts
(mug rugs and mini quilts- the viewers choose from a selection chosen by Jennifer and three other bloggers)
- Luck of the Draw (Random Number Generator chooses 2 winners)
Both Viewer’s Choice winners will receive a fat quarter bundle of the FULL line of Denyse Schmidt’s Flea Market Fancy reprint!!
James’ Choice will receive a $100 gift certificate to The Fat Quarter Shop!
The 2 Luck of the Draw winners will each receive a $75 gift certificate to The Fat Quarter Shop!
Am I the only one who’s crazy excited?!
All you have to do for a chance to win is:
- Create a modern mini quilt or mug rug – only one entry per person
- Enter your mini quilt or mug rug in the linky party at Ellison Lane Quilts on Monday, March 5.
You do NOT have to have a blog to enter. You may link a picture from your Flickr account.
- Your entry (blog post or Flickr description) should include the size of the item
- Winners will be announced March 9th
I hope you’ll join in, it’s gonna be fun!